June 23, 2010

A Beautiful Day in Munich

It’s the first beautiful day in Munich since I’ve arrived and I’m stuck at the house, waiting for a package that’s come from California. It arrives between 8 am and 8 pm. Nice. Sigh. Blue skies, warm sun, beautiful garden in the back of the house and I feel slightly depressed that I can’t enjoy any of it. Although I think I might just take my book outside and sit in the garden behind the house. Not the Englischer Gartens, sadly, but close enough.

But I did go for a jog in the Englischer Gartens this morning and it was glorious. I can’t wait to explore it properly. I wish that I could have done that today. It’s the PERFECT weather for a bike ride. Shorts, T-shirt, and sunglasses. Eventually, I’ll get in there to take pictures. Although I’m sure I couldn’t do it all in one day. But that’s why I’m here for a year, right?

Kind of mundane but I did my laundry this morning and when the dryer started going, it shorted the fuse and now the whole basement is without power. And I can’t read the panel descriptions on the breaker so I can’t turn it back on. Sigh. So I have to wait for the Frau to come home and embarrass myself by asking her to fix it for me. If it’s not one thing, it’s another.

I babysat the girls last night and for the most part, it was great. I am definitely starting to fall in love with them. It’s not uncommon for me to get attached to the kids that I care for. Obviously I have a heart for childcare, I wouldn’t have put myself in this position if I didn’t. I’ve been taking care of kids since I was a pre-teen and I studied education and child development in college. It’s just who I am, it’s a part of me. But this is going to be a whole new experience. I love them already and I live with them so the attachment will either be really strong or really bittersweet. Because if I want to get away… I can’t really. I live her! But, for now, I’m enjoying it. I have to babysit three evenings this week; tonight and Friday as well. But, ah… this is my life now. Live in, on call babysitter. Must be nice.

I went into the city yesterday and got lost. Kind of on purpose though. I walked around Munich for two hours and just took everything in. It’s such an incredible city – how many times can I say that? I fall in love with it more and more everyday. I found this adorable cafe that I hope to eat at, eventually. I’m thinking Sunday with Jessica. If it’s not raining. I stumbled across so much of the city’s beautiful architecture. It’s never ending. I feel like I’ll always have something to take a picture of. Here are a few of my favorites:

DSCN2376

DSCN2379

DSCN2385

DSCN2416

DSCN2431

DSCN2438

0 comments:

Post a Comment