June 18, 2010

Au Pair Recommended Recipes: German Pancakes

German Style Pancakes, usually served as breakfast, but for true German tradition, eat them for dinner. Yum.

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 pinch salt (I mean it! A pinch!)
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 pinch sugar (Again, just a pinch!)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted (You don’t HAVE to melt it.)

Mix it all up in the bowl, like usual, and make it all soft and easy. Pour it into the pan but use just a little bit and roll in around in the pan to make a very thin, crepe-like pan cake. Cook it to perfection and then serve.

Add butter, Nutella, sugar, powdered sugar, cinnamon, etc (WHATEVER!). I buttered my pancake and sprinkled sugar, powdered sugar, and cinnamon on mine and rolled it all up. It was so good. Vee spread Nutella all over hers. Eenie ate hers with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Do whatever! It’s good. Try to forego the syrup though. It takes away from the “cultural” experience. Ha.

It’s good, trust me! I surprised myself with it’s deliciousness!

0 comments:

Post a Comment