April 5, 2010

Music Monday [April 5th]

Somewhere, someone once told me that it was cool and hip to post music on Mondays. So I begin the tradition on my own blog. What does music have to do with me going to Germany? Everything. I am in love with music and music will keep me sane as I travel into the unknown. So, beginning today, on the 5th of April in the year 2010, every Monday I will post my favorite music, either as one track, a singular sensation, or in the form of a playlist, my groovy tunes. Guaranteed, these songs will be included in the soundtrack of my movie should my adventure ever make it to the big screen. Ha.

“Wildflowers” / Tom Petty

A few months ago, after I’d accepted the job to Germany and the excitement for my trip began to build, I heard this song and instantly, I knew that this was the song, the words that had been written for me, for this time of my life. Like any song of this caliber, I wish that someone else had heard it first and picked it for me but that is not the truth. Like everything else in my life, I did this on my own. This is the song that I pick for myself, the song that sings for me as I embark on this journey of experience, self-discovery and, hopefully, enlightenment.

tom-petty-45686-wildflowers 
You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
Sail away, kill off the hours
You belong somewhere you feel free

FULL LYRICS

0 comments:

Post a Comment