In two days, if the weather is cooperative, I will be going to London! The reality of this trip is starting to catch up with me and I’m getting more and more excited as the days go on, especially since I’ve spent the last three days alone. I’m ready for some excitement and to see some of my friends – damn, I was starting to forget that I had any. Haha. My flight leaves Munich at 10 o’clock on Wednesday night and I touch down at Gatwick around 11. I’m staying for five or so days with Fio and her family in Croydon and then she’s off to Belgium and I’m left to figure out what to do with my last few nights in London. And to find somewhere to stay. Ha. I guess I should have figured that out earlier but oh well! It’s all about the experience, right? The best part about this whole trip is that my best friend, Lauren, is going to be in England as well visiting her boyfriend and then she’s flying back to Munich with me on January 4th. It’s going to be a party if I ever saw one! So bring on the new year! I can take it!
My London Town New Years Resolutions
- Visit as many of the free museums as is possible, preferably the Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Horniman Museum, and the Tate Modern.
- Take pictures with the British Royal Guards (make him laugh!) and, if possible, watch the changing of the guard.
- Have fish and chips with English beer.
- Take pictures with all of the major London monuments: Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, the Tower of London, the London Bridge, a red London phone box, Big Ben, House of Parliament, West Minister Abbey, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, and Piccadilly Circus. Granted, some of these places might be the same thing? Damned if I know!
- Have a proper English breakfast.
- Get drunk in a REAL English pub. None of this Britannia Arms, London Bridge, Crown & Anchor, and Mucky Duck business (Monterey!). I want a proper pub!
- Watch the fireworks on New Year’s Eve.
- Eat Indian food with Fio.
- Ice skate at Somerset House.
- Meet a handsome British man (Jude Law, anyone?) and make him fall in love with me.