October 22, 2010

Harry Potter Nerd Fest and Cold Weather Whining

I know that I already put this on Facebook but, as of last night, I am now the proud owner of an advanced ticket to the opening night show of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1).

DSCN7764

If you know me, you know that this makes me very, very happy. Plus, it comes out two days earlier than it does in the States. Which makes me infinitely cooler than everyone back home, obviously. Haha. Needless to say at this point, I am pretty much a Harry Potter nerd. Ask Eric. He’ll tell you. And then he’ll make a graphic to prove it.

33559_437189575980_733545980_5821354_3729432_nI like you, too, Eric. :)

I really am obsessed. I can’t stop watching new trailers and TV spots and I’ve been fanatically browsing Harry Potter Tumblrs every day. It’s like this for me before every movie is released. Kind of like when I’m getting ready to attend a Hanson concert, too. I freak out and turn into the 11-year-old fangirl version of myself for two weeks. It’s unhealthy. Of course, after the movie’s been seen, I’ll calm down, I promise. So Eric can stop worrying about my mental state.

Anyway, that was the highlight of my evening last night. Kind of a quiet Thursday night. HP tickets, drinks, and delightful conversation with Catherine and Eric at Euros cheap hostel bar. Livin’ the good life, I tell you! Now the three of us (plus Laura!) have our tickets for opening night. SO EXCITED. I know there are a bunch of people who wanted to go to opening night and I kind of feel bad that we’re not all going together but it’s practically impossible to organize everyone to do the same thing on the same evening at the same time. Unfortunately, the theater where we’re seeing the film creates seat reservations (which is nice for an opening night, to be honest) but it makes things difficult for late comers who want to come along. Fortunately, I can guarantee that I’ll probably want to go see the movie AGAIN so hopefully no one hates me enough to reject me. Ha. I can’t wait to see the movie, obviously. I’ll be back in California for Part 2 next summer and I can’t believe I have to wait that long! Anyway, here’s a pretty kick ass TV spot from WB – my favorite of the 3,000 TV spots that are floating all over YouTube:

In weather related happenings, I walked out of the UBahn station last night to discover that my bike seat was covered in a sparkly layer of frost. My ass was freezing by the time I got home. Brrrr. It’s cold here in Munich. There’s talk of snow and below zero weather (in Celsius, anyway). No snow! Please! Not yet! I’m not quite ready for it. Already my fingers freeze inside my gloves and there’s nothing falling from the sky but rain and apparently, sleet. I am not looking forward to this cold weather business. I am a California girl and my winter days in Montana have been long forgotten and the memories repressed. Admittedly, I am looking forward to ice skating and learning how to ski (again) and making snow men and maybe even snow ball fights but can I do it all in one day and get it over with? Ha. I woke up this morning and the whole world outside my window was covered in frost. The leaves, the cars, the house. Please just a few more weeks, Munich. Work with me, won’t you?

I already feel a cold festering inside of my head. My throat hurts, my sinuses are sensitive and all agitated. I’ve found Vitamin C capsules in the house but no cold medicine. I’ll have to wander to the Apotheke and see if I can convince them to give me some good drugs. I’m thinking NyQuil. Oh God, NyQuil. What I wouldn’t do…

Ah, ahem. ANYWAY. I’m going out tonight – I have a date with a very nice American man who works at the US Consulate. Hopefully it goes well. And then I’m meeting up with friends for dancing! I think I’m going to skip the drinks tonight – that won’t help my cold at all! And get some good sleep. And figure what to do this weekend. Where should we go? Maybe Garmisch is actually a good idea…

1 comments:

a. lois said...

The German version of NyQuil is, I believe, called Wick MediNait. However, I think the ingredients are different than NyQuil...so I would check it out before you buy or consume it, particularly if you're sensitive to medicines, in general.

I used MediNait while in Germany and it worked like a charm for me.

Hope you feel better!

Post a Comment