January 29, 2011

52 Things Challenge: #6 Daydream in the Asamkirche

With the challenge of the 52 Things in Munich fresh on my mind, my friend Eric and I set off to tackle one of the easier challenges – a visit to Munich’s Asamkirche. It’s official name is the Church of St. Johann Nepomuk and it was built by the Asam brothers in the 1700’s. The architecture inside of the church, and the paintings on the wall, tell the story of Saint Nepomuk and it is a church that you absolutely can not miss out on. I can’t believe that I hadn’t been to it before. I love the churches here and I’ve made it a personal goal of mine to visit most, if not all of them, before I leave this city. I’m so glad that I found this one and I definitely did a little bit of day dreaming in there. It’s ridiculously gorgeous and awe inspiring – you can’t help it!

DSCN4368
DSCN4375

DSCN4384

DSCN4383

DSCN4382

What was I daydreaming about? Everything. Mostly I was just standing in awe and marveling at how gorgeous this church is. But I was also thinking about how great my life is and how lucky I am to be here in this city, experiencing things like this every day. I don’t want to be anywhere else right now. It can be really difficult, missing home and the people I left behind, but for right here and right now, this is it. This is where I want to be and I am so grateful.

Check out my 52 Things list! One down, 51 to go! (At least until I knock out the ones I’ve already done.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment