June 10, 2011

Berlin

I don’t know how to write about my trip to Berlin. It was fucking awesome. Pardon my French but seriously. It was. I’ve sat down and tried to write a detailed report on the weekend and I just couldn’t do it. Let me see if I can sum it up. I went on a road trip with three of my really close friends here in Munich and we drove five hours to Berlin where we met up with some other friends – people that we knew from Munich or our past and separate lives – Laura and Alison – and we spent the weekend clubbing, wandering the wild and vibrant streets of Berlin from 11 pm until 5:30 or 7 in the morning, drinking Berliner Pils (and Augustiner Helles, too!), and touring incredible German history sites. We took a four hour walking tour in the merciless east German heat and I stood beside the Berlin wall. The bunker where Hitler killed himself is now covered by a parking lot. I saw the hotel where Michael Jackson hung his tiny baby out of a window. Checkpoint Charlie is really overrated. The Berlin Cathedral looks ancient but it really isn’t that old. Communism was crazy. The sun was out the entire weekend and it was glorious. Karaoke is much more fun to watch when you’re in an outdoor stadium with three hundred other people. Flea markets sell super cheap friendship bracelets and a shitload of vinyl records. I went to the most fabulous party found myself surrounded by gay boys and never felt happier or more wonderful. Berlin helped me embrace my inner fag hag and brought me a whole gaggle of new gay boyfriends. I find that I can never have enough. I ate bratwurst from men that walked around and wore sausage grills over their shoulders. Have grill, will travel. I didn’t go to bed before 3:30 am on any night of the entire weekend. I ate the best cheeseburger I’ve ever tasted… twice. I didn’t have proper Berlin currywurst. Damn. I bonded with my skinny love. I loved Berlin. I absolutely loved it.

DSC01657Yours truly at Brandenburg Tor
(I prefer the one in Munich, to be honest.)

DSC01681Jewish War Memorial

DSC01705The Berlin Wall

DSC01728Berlin Cathedral

DSC01732

DSC01746Inside the cathedral

DSC01812Berlin wall’s East Side Gallery

DSC01843Outdoor karaoke

DSC01830Flea market vinyls

DSC01418Alison, Fio, and me – Berliners!

DSC01552My skinny love with some of Berlin’s fine city artwork

DSC016435:30 in the morning, around the corner from the club – the cityscape

DSC01757Anne and I truly love our pretty boys

DSC01759My knight in indie armor. I love.

DSC01764Berlin looks good on me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look freakin HOT in that picture on the bridge

Nuno Laranja said...

About time you made a report about our trip. I'm never going to forget that weekend! :D

Love,

your knight in indie armor

Treks Himalaya trekking said...

Trekking in Nepal is delighted to welcome you tiny but amazing country. Natures to renew one’s own self regard to relive of beauty realize of Nepal Tour to interact with its generous friendly peoples are highlights of Nepal Trekking and is one long term activity that draws repeat visitors with Treks Himalaya trekking company who offer wide verities of travel package in Nepal such as trekking, helicopter tour, mountain flight, peak climbing, sightseeing tour, Tibet tour, Bhutan tour and many more. Final purpose for trekking offers numerous options walking excursion to meet snowy peaks, their foot hills, valleys but however there is amazing for each who hope Trek in Nepal and mountain area. Typical trekking and Hiking in Nepal as unique combination of natural glory of Annapurna Trekking and spectacular view of Langtang Trekking is most rewarding way to skill Nepal natural spectacular view of Phaplu Everest Base Camp Trek and array is to walking, trekking, width and the height of country for Nepal Tours Trek is important of Himalayas on description Nepal Travel of large range of ecological features for Nepal Holiday. The country nurtures a variety of flora and scenery. Addition to natural atmosphere is rich Himalayan culture. Many of visitor trek to different part of Nepal every year to experience its rustic charm, nature and culture. Most treks through areas between 1000 to 5185m, though some popular parts reach over 5648 meters. Every travelers knows for trekking from all over the words an exciting experience in Nepal.

Post a Comment